Let me start with holy fuck. I am in love. Handbook is a guy by the name of Jake Brown, a man who curated Layerism, an album made up of a plethora of layers and samples. Something he hadn’t done before in his own words, it is “the most successful execution of sampling I have embarked on”. I must agree, and I am sure you all will too once you hear these beautiful and charismatically produced hip-hop beats. His music for me, is like a picture of running instrumental meadows, full of flowery beat pads and full instruments. Together, the scenery of this music is undeniably perfect. Before releasing Layerism, just last month he released Nomadic, which is also an amazing album with 11 complex hip-hop-esque songs. It really makes you wonder how this guy has so much time on his hands? November 2011 saw him release a 15 track album titled ‘All the time‘, which begs the question – is this guy the ultimate beat machine? I think so. September last year he had a 6 track album called “Amnesia” which is totally different stuff, so to see an artist with such diversity is an instant attraction for me. His influences stem from the likes of J Dilla, Aphex Twin and Flying Lotus. With those people inspiring his music, you know the shit will be good. He has been producing for over 2 years and giving away a lot of free music in this time, but I suggest you make the effort and buy Layerism right here.
- Chromeo Feature In Ray-Ban’s ‘Order Of Neverhide’ Series // 01.10.14
- Artist ‘Chemical X’ Uses 10,000 Ecstasy Pills To Create Custom Murals // 01.10.14
- Queensland Man Charged After Attempting To Rob Petrol Station With A Boomerang // 01.10.14
- Modern Family Editor Gets Stuck On Plane With Drunk Psycho, Tweets Entire Thing // 30.09.14
- Are You A Bodybuilding Christian In Need Of Casual Sex? There’s A Website For That // 30.09.14
- Read Hunter S. Thompson’s 1958 ‘Vancouver Sun’ Job Application // 30.09.14
- Research Proves Couples Who Talk About Their Amazing Relationship Probably Have A Shit One // 30.09.14
- New App Tells You How Many Drugs You’re Smashing, And How To Better Take Them // 29.09.14
- Ello Is The Newest Social Network And It’s Trying To Take Down Facebook // 29.09.14
- I’m Pretty Sure I’ve Mastered The ‘Two Hour Hangover Cure’ // 29.09.14
- "In order to cross the stream (life) successfully one needs not to go with the flow nor should one ag..." // Roman Sedin
- "What goes around, comes around...." // Rhys Smith
- "[…] The 77th Anniversary Of Hunter S. Thompson’s Birth Means A Recap Of His Wisdom […]..." // Read Hunter S. Thompson’s 1958 ‘Vancouver Sun’ Job Application | Your Friends House
- "[…] 20 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Hunter S. Thompson […]..." // Read Hunter S. Thompson’s 1958 ‘Vancouver Sun’ Job Application | Your Friends House
- "Brandon Bushnell ..." // Matthew Ryan
- "I totally had that driver in Brisbane yesterday - full service water, music choice offered, mint off..." // Pippa Gargano
- "Tyler Gorton..." // Finn Fairbairn
- "I try to drink a fuckload of water before I pass out. Dependant of how fucked you are prior to the p..." // James Dominic Gibson
- "Go on a 6 week bender in Europe. Come back to Australia piss fit. Don't wake up weathered. ..." // Scotty P-hillips
- "I agree with the above but with more emphasis on masturbation and a cold shower before the STS. ..." // Brynn McKenzie
- Moments with Elizabeth Angela Johnson // 07.05.11
- Hot Girl DJs (Who Cant DJ) // 06.02.12
- Nude Yoga Instructor Shows Off Amazing Poses (NSFW) // 17.01.14
- Introducing Bwana! // 07.08.11
- The Friendzone Doesn't Exist, Dickhead // 13.05.13
- My Unending Battle With Pubic Hair // 13.06.12
- Hold The Bombs Please // 26.11.11
- 2011 MTV VMA Fails // 31.08.11
- Here's Why Listen Out Is Going To Be Amazing // 19.09.13
- I Did... Meth In a Bangkok Hut // 09.01.12
POPULAR STUFF FROM WITHIN THE HOUSE
ENTER YOUR EMAIL FOR THE FRESHEST HOMEBREW
UP & COMING
A&C For Melbourne Cup
What better way to spend Melbourne Cup than over a three-course meal and drinks package at the iconic Brisbane venue Alfred & Constance. Inquire here, and see you on the day!
The Kush Klub 1st Birthday
The Kush Klub have been throwing rad parties for a year now, and to celebrate turning 1 they will be throwing a huge party at The Bowler Bar on August 2nd. Check it out, yo.
Listen Out Is Finally Here
Parklife might be gone, but Listen Out is shaping up to be a defining moment in Australian party history. A national tour with acts like Disclosure, AlunaGeorge, Azealia Banks and many more, it’s sure to sell out.
The Astral People Party
The good folk at Astral People are throwing a huge party at the Sydney Opera House with crew like Omar-S, Africa Hitech and Jon Convex set to lay down the law. June 1st. Be there!
Flosstra- damus AUS & NZ Tour!
Archery Club, Your Friends House and Acclaim mag have teamed up to bring trap sensation and underground warlords Flosstradamus down under for an 8 stop tour across Australia and NZ!