Let me start with holy fuck. I am in love. Handbook is a guy by the name of Jake Brown, a man who curated Layerism, an album made up of a plethora of layers and samples. Something he hadn’t done before in his own words, it is “the most successful execution of sampling I have embarked on”. I must agree, and I am sure you all will too once you hear these beautiful and charismatically produced hip-hop beats. His music for me, is like a picture of running instrumental meadows, full of flowery beat pads and full instruments. Together, the scenery of this music is undeniably perfect. Before releasing Layerism, just last month he released Nomadic, which is also an amazing album with 11 complex hip-hop-esque songs. It really makes you wonder how this guy has so much time on his hands? November 2011 saw him release a 15 track album titled ‘All the time‘, which begs the question – is this guy the ultimate beat machine? I think so. September last year he had a 6 track album called “Amnesia” which is totally different stuff, so to see an artist with such diversity is an instant attraction for me. His influences stem from the likes of J Dilla, Aphex Twin and Flying Lotus. With those people inspiring his music, you know the shit will be good. He has been producing for over 2 years and giving away a lot of free music in this time, but I suggest you make the effort and buy Layerism right here.
- Man Spends $150K On Plastic Surgery To Look Like Kim Kardashian, Turns Into Alien // 18.12.14
- Shitty New Year’s Resolutions: Quitting Smoking // 18.12.14
- There’s An Indian Comic Book About A Rape Survivor Who Fights Women-Bashers On A Tiger // 18.12.14
- Breaking: Kim Kardashian Likes Random Brick Wall More Than Her Own Child // 16.12.14
- It’s Looking Like Donald Glover’s New Hip Hop Sitcom Is A Go // 15.12.14
- Research Proves There’s No Real Benefits From Juice Detoxes // 11.12.14
- New Dating Class Focuses On People Who Are Too Stoned, Paranoid To Flirt // 11.12.14
- Forget Zombies, The Crossfit Apocolypse Is Here // 11.12.14
- The New Happn App Is Brilliant At Finding People You’ve Crossed Paths With // 10.12.14
- Stereosonic Might Start Turning Away Roided Bros In Booty Shorts // 10.12.14
- "Ouch..." // Diane Ratliff
- "That guy is a complete prat, who on earth wants to look like kkw. She is a nothing wanting to be som..." // Paul Banks
- "He literally looks like a sims character...." // Benni Buchinger
- "Because he's just *spent* $150k..." // Matthew Cowper
- "Looks more like a baboons asshole in heat...." // Bede Sneaky-sneaks Gannon
- "Sooooo wish I'd seen this before I passed the gorgeous man in rebel sport an hour ago!!! Downloading..." // Courtenay Rodwell
- "what a babe..." // Damo Sullivan
- "Nobody knows everything, we live and learn...." // Bev Lindskog Blancard
- "Last time I checked, an education isn't required for athletes......" // Julie Carole
- "Idiot!!!!..." // Russ Evans
- Moments with Elizabeth Angela Johnson // 07.05.11
- Hot Girl DJs (Who Cant DJ) // 06.02.12
- Nude Yoga Instructor Shows Off Amazing Poses (NSFW) // 17.01.14
- Introducing Bwana! // 07.08.11
- The Friendzone Doesn't Exist, Dickhead // 13.05.13
- My Unending Battle With Pubic Hair // 13.06.12
- Hold The Bombs Please // 26.11.11
- 2011 MTV VMA Fails // 31.08.11
- Here's Why Listen Out Is Going To Be Amazing // 19.09.13
- I Did... Meth In a Bangkok Hut // 09.01.12
POPULAR STUFF FROM WITHIN THE HOUSE
ENTER YOUR EMAIL FOR THE FRESHEST HOMEBREW
UP & COMING
A&C For Melbourne Cup
What better way to spend Melbourne Cup than over a three-course meal and drinks package at the iconic Brisbane venue Alfred & Constance. Inquire here, and see you on the day!
The Kush Klub 1st Birthday
The Kush Klub have been throwing rad parties for a year now, and to celebrate turning 1 they will be throwing a huge party at The Bowler Bar on August 2nd. Check it out, yo.
Listen Out Is Finally Here
Parklife might be gone, but Listen Out is shaping up to be a defining moment in Australian party history. A national tour with acts like Disclosure, AlunaGeorge, Azealia Banks and many more, it’s sure to sell out.
The Astral People Party
The good folk at Astral People are throwing a huge party at the Sydney Opera House with crew like Omar-S, Africa Hitech and Jon Convex set to lay down the law. June 1st. Be there!
Flosstra- damus AUS & NZ Tour!
Archery Club, Your Friends House and Acclaim mag have teamed up to bring trap sensation and underground warlords Flosstradamus down under for an 8 stop tour across Australia and NZ!